Tuesday, September 23, 2008

KIDS IN A CANDY SHOP



My daughter's school is having a fundraiser with a local store. They're donating a percentage of the proceeds to her school.

Being a nice mom, I thought I'd check it out. :-) Plus, the name of the store was intriguing....Powell's Sweet Shoppe. :-)

OH MY GOSH! It was like walking into Farrel's as kids! CANDY EVERYWHERE! Every surface just covered, hanging from the ceilings, dripping off the cupboards, etc., etc.! Drawers of unheard of candy, stacks and stacks of candy! They even had ice-cream! I had told the kids we were only spending $10...well, that turned into $10 each...

The picture above is what we purchased :-) You may notice some oldies but goodies in there :-)

http://powellssweetshoppe.com/pages/home.html

2 comments:

Gwen said...

Nice! the first thing to catch my eye, candy cigarettes. No hiding them with spiderman on the box anymore, they look like the real thing. I blame you when Jace has a smoking problem :)hehe

Lila said...

i think vincent would like to put an order in for some sen sen please. he he.