Saturday, September 20, 2008

CATHEDRAL WINDOW QUILT













I had a nice day today - hubby took the kids in to get their bikes tuned up and I worked on the house. I unpacked a few more things that I've been putting off, and organized a bunch of pictures. It was just a nice quiet day. I even got time to work on my cathedral window quilt - that I haven't touched in TWO YEARS! :-( I swear, I'll never finish this thing! LOL It's a really time consuming quilt. It's sooooooo awesome, but mostly hand stitched. I'll see if I can find an internet link....

It's a true labor or love and I plan for it to be a family heirloom. All my scraps are from past sewing projects (dresses for daughter as a baby, blankets for the kids, etc., etc. ), clothes the kids wore when little, clothes of mine that were special, patches from hubby's old shorts, or scraps from my SIL's quilts. I want it to have a story and meaning. :-)

















Here are some links I posted from my spark friends:

Here's an AWESOME tutorial! It's not exactly how I'm doing mine - this is actually easier - but if you guys are interested, read it and scroll through so you can get a good idea of what I'm doing :-) Mine right now is about 11x10 squares - so...110 squares! Each square is about 4 inches? My centers are 2x2.

hyena-in-petticoats.blogspot.com/2007/08/c
athedral-window-quilt-tutorial.html

Here's a great picture of one:
www.flickr.com/photos/23405961@N03/2575121
779/in/pool-cathedralwindows

1 comment:

Lila said...

maybe you should put a little diddly on who inspired your quilt! i'll have to show Jennie your blog. she will be very proud of what you have done.
"I" am VERY impressed with how much you have done! a real labor of love cause i know how much you love this quilt. it doesn't matter how long it takes, it's just good that you are still enjoying it. i'm so proud of you. seriously!