Tuesday, June 1, 2010

TENNIS

So, anyone who knows me, knows that I'm a tennis addict :-) Last year was a rough year and my tennis was hit hard.

Thankfully, this year has been much better, and I'm back in the swing of things! In February, I made a decision that I was definitely finding a partner for next years tennis season, and began to work to improve my consistency and game in general. I started making better matches, and playing with people I would WANT to partner with.

One rainy day, I was talking to my friend on the couch in the clubhouse. She had been my team's captain my first year here, and I adore and respect her. I had volunteered to captain my team for the upcoming year, and was bouncing ideas off her, and talking about what I was trying to do with the team, and my partnership quest. She is a couple levels above me, and I asked her what SHE was planning to do next year. She blew me away by saying she was interested in partnering with ME!!! I was floored!

As luck would have it (and trust me, I'm LUCKY!) after a few weeks of figuring out logistics, we officially decided to partner up. I feel like it's Christmas morning every time we play. I can't WAIT to see what next year brings us, and am having possibly, the best time I've ever had playing tennis. :-)

The following is a picture of three other girls on my next years team. My partner is on my right. We participated in a Doubles Championship the club recently held. We won our first match and moved on to the finals. Unfortunately, it wasn't our best tennis day at the finals, and we lost. BUT, we get the title of 4.0 Finalists and our picture on the wall for the next year! :-) WOOHOO! So, here is a picture of the picture :-)

No comments: